Clayoquot Townsite became Tofino in 1910.
This drawn out townsite plan was designed by Jacob Arnet in 1903 Arnet later became Tofino’s first Mayor.
Tofino was known as Clayoquot Town site until 1910 when the post office became the Tofino Post Office.
Before that all mail went to Clayoquot Post Office.
Stubbs (Clayoquot) Island in the forefront with Clayoquot Townsite (Tofino) in back.