Photographer: W.C. Barnes
This Californian Sea Lion was barking loudly. A Californian weighs in around 1/2 ton. Their bigger cousins, the Stellar Sea Lions, weigh in over a full ton.
Sea Lions like all animals follow the food. We follow the dollar, they follow the food. When the bait fish come into the inlet during the winter time the Sea Lions aren’t far behind. All the male Lions move into the inlet for the winter time, while the females/pups are smarter & swim to warmer waters further south! Lions love the heat of the sun and so can be found sunbathing on the rocks all day long! One generally can hear and smell them before they see them.
Photo ID: IMG_9465
This photo is available in the following sizes:
|Custom Size||Please inquire|
How To Order
The Tofino Gallery uses individual forms to order. Why? Because we are real people and like to engage with our customers.
Just check the box in the section below and you’re on your way…
When you send us your order, we will:
1. Contact you with the total cost. Purchase price plus shipping.
2. Give you an estimate of when we expect to bike down to the post office and mail your photo.
3. Send you a link to pay for your purchase by credit card / paypal or etransfer within Canada.
4. Send you a tracking number for your package.
5. Once we see the package has been delivered we will send you a Thank You email.
6. At anytime you may contact us for information – we love to hear from our customers.