This Vancouver island black bear cub had climbed up this tree because it was scared. It was scared because of other adult bears being around. I shot this during salmon spawning season. During spawning season many bears visit their favourite salmon stream for a bite to eat. Normally if a Sow encounters another bear she will grunt out an alarm and the cub would quickly climb the closest tree. Salmon spawning season is a communal activity. Bears will have full bellies and so be more tolerant towards each other.
This cub stayed up the tree for several hours and so grew tired and just hung out!
Photo ID: IMG_18597
This photo is available in the following sizes:
|Custom Size||Please inquire|
How To Order
The Tofino Gallery uses individual forms to order. Why? Because we are real people and like to engage with our customers.
Just check the box in the section below and you’re on your way…
When you send us your order, we will:
1. Contact you with the total cost. Purchase price plus shipping.
2. Give you an estimate of when we expect to bike down to the post office and mail your photo.
3. Send you a link to pay for your purchase by credit card / paypal or etransfer within Canada.
4. Send you a tracking number for your package.
5. Once we see the package has been delivered we will send you a Thank You email.
6. At anytime you may contact us for information – we love to hear from our customers.